NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER AND SOON TO BE A HBO MINISERIES
What was lost in the collapse: almost everything, almost everyone, but there is still such beauty.
One snowy night in Toronto famous actor Arthur Leander dies on stage whilst performing the role of a lifetime. That same evening a deadly virus touches down in North America.
The world will never be the same again.
Twenty years later Kirsten, an actress in the Travelling Symphony, performs Shakespeare in the settlements that have grown up since the collapse.
But then her newly hopeful world is threatened.
If civilization was lost, what would you preserve? And how far would you go to protect it?
LONGLISTED FOR THE BAILEYS WOMEN'S PRIZE FOR FICTION 2015
SHORTLISTED FOR THE ARTHUR C. CLARKE AWARD 2015
2014 NATIONAL BOOK AWARDS FINALIST
2015 PEN/FAULKNER AWARD FINALIST
PRAISE FOR STATION ELEVEN
'BEST NOVEL. The big one . . . One of the 2014 books that I did read stands above all the others: Station Eleven, by Emily St. John Mandel . . . beautifully written, and wonderfully elegiac, a book that I will long remember, and return to.' George R.R. Martin, author of Game of Thrones
'Emily St. John Mandel's Station Eleven is that rare find that feels familiar and extraordinary at the same time. This is truly something special' Erin Morgenstern, author of The Night Circus
'Disturbing, inventive and exciting, Station Eleven left me wistful for a world where I still live.' Jessie Burton, author of The Miniaturist
'It's hard to imagine a novel more perfectly suited, in both form and content, to this literary moment. Station Eleven, if we were to talk about it in our usual way, would seem like a book that combines high culture and low culture-"literary fiction" and "genre fiction." But those categories aren't really adequate to describe the book.' - The New Yorker
'Unmissable . . . A literary page-turner, impeccably paced, which celebrates the world lost.' - Vulture
'Soul-quaking . . . Mandel displays the impressive skill of evoking both terror and empathy. - Los Angeles Review of Books
- New eBook additions
- New eBook additions for Kids
- New eBook additions for Teens
- Most popular
- Most popular for Kids
- Most popular for Teens
- Available Now
- Available Now for Kids
- Available Now for Teens
- Book Club 2022-2023: Guaranteed Available : Karapu Pukapuka: Wātea Mārika 2022-2023
- Guaranteed Available: Book Club: Literature with a Big L
- Guaranteed Available: Kids & Teens Book Club: Classics
- See all
- New eAudiobook additions
- New eAudiobook additions for Kids
- New eAudiobook additions for Teens
- Most popular eAudiobooks
- Most popular eAudiobooks for Kids
- Most popular eAudiobooks for Teens
- Available now on eAudio
- Available Now on eAudio for Kids
- Available Now on eAudio for Teens
- AudioBook Club 2022-2023: Guaranteed Available
- Guaranteed Available: Book Club: eAudio Classic "Reads"
- Children's AudioBook Club 2022-2023: Guaranteed Available
- See all